2.03.2009

georgina the giraffe


Our teen has such a love for giraffes. After she saw the quiet tenderness displayed between a mother and her baby giraffe, she has been collecting giraffes ever since.



And with Valentine's Day soon approaching, I like to always make our kids a sweet something -- you have already seen the baby bird that I crocheted for our son.



This is her sweet something.



I used Georgina the Giraffe pattern from Lion Brand Yarn -- you will need to sign in to retrieve the pattern --and Red Heart yarn....and -- well, I am just falling in love with amigurumi!




11 comments:

Nicole said...

Eek! She's adorable!!

Mary Anne Drury said...

You are the Queen of Crochet !!! That is the CUTEST thing !!

(P.S. I'm so glad you like my fabric flowers ....and Kitty's hats, of course. I posted them on your flikr group....although I'm not sure if I did it right ...)

Unknown said...

What a terrific Valentine's day gift for your sweet little one. I love it and am just amazed a what you can do with yarn. You are so talented.

Harley Dee said...

Dawn! You're the best :) I got my package and I LOVE it! :) I blogged about it, thank you so much for the time and love you put into my package :)

Knot Garden said...

The giraffe is amazing and so sweet - you are so good at this kind of pattern.
Lovely prettiness on your last post as well :)

Shari from Big Yellow Farmhouse said...

Oh, look at that long old neck and the big brown spots!! This is the cutest one yet!! Such sweet gifts for your kids. And thanks for pointing us to the pattern!!

QuiltedSimple said...

That is a terrific valentine's day present. Very, very, very cute!!!
Kris

RG said...

Dawn! Georgina is a gorgeous girl!
So huggable :D
Your daughter will adore her!
hugs
Robyn xx

Dandelion Quilts said...

I have always loved giraffes, too. This one is no exception, I think these little knitted critters are so sweet.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

What a sweet little something! Your kids are very lucky to have such a talented Mom. Twyla

hc06crd said...

Would you be able to email me the pattern for this as I cannot find it on the site. Cheers. x