2.06.2009

turtle love


Ah. My last critter for our tween. She loves turtles. And in a way she reminds me of a turtle -- tough on the outside, but so tender & vulnerable on the inside.
~

I found the pattern for this adorable amigurumi turtle here at Lion Brand Yarn. I once again used Caron yarn. Love, love the softness -- and the price! -- of this yummy yarn.
~
But, notice this heart! Adorable, yes? Well, I have looking & looking for the perfect, stuffed heart to go along with these critters that I am crocheting for our 3 kids for Valentine's Day. And nothing really piqued my interest.......
~
......until I spotted this p.e.r.f.e.c.t. pattern from Owlishly. How did she know? This is exactly what I was looking for!
~
And unlike other heart patterns, her pattern was so easy & worked up so quickly, I was just smitten with this heart -- especially since it will look so, so sweet with the birdy, the giraffe and now, the turtle!
~

Turtle love, indeed.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, excellent! I'm so glad you like the pattern, and it is a quick one isn't it.

And it's definitely a perfect companion to your other Valentine gifts :D

Shari from Big Yellow Farmhouse said...

As always, I'm so inspired by the darling things you make!! I'm giving amigurumi a try . . . first I need to learn to pronounce it!!

SewAmy said...

omg, this is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Hello Dawn,

Thanks for leaving the kind comment on my quilting... I am drooling over your crochet lovelies. I absolutely love the bird, Georgina and the turtle!!! Do you ever sell your crochet stuff?

Dandelion Quilts said...

Oh so cute. They keep getting cuter and cuter, I tell you! SOSOSOSOSOOSOSOCUTUTUTUTUUTE.

RG said...

You my Dear ...lol...are so clever and I am happy to help you think outside the square anytime...I warn you though...you may not be sane....mwah ha ha ha ha
Love love love the turtle!!
Oh what a cutie!!

hugs Robyn xx

Tudy said...

How neat. I love your animals and the heart.

Knot Garden said...

I think the turtle is the best one yet! And the workmanship is perfect! I bet your daughter is so pleased.

QuiltedSimple said...

These are so sweet!! I MUST learn how to crochet.
Kris

Unknown said...

You are truly a crocheting queen! I love everything you have done so far.

meggie said...

So cute!! I love that gorgeous Gergina!!